Monterey County Fire Library
In an effort to make available training resource materials to fire agencies in Monterey County, the Monterey County Fire Training Officers Association operates the Monterey County Fire Library. In continuous operation since 1987, the library contains hundreds of resource materials on a variety of fire service topics. Many of the materials are either in DVD or VHS format.
Member agencies may check out materials for use at their department. An annual membership fee of $200.00 for paid departments and $100.00 for volunteer departments goes to cover the costs of new materials and storage space.
The Monterey County Fire Library is located at the Monterey Peninsula College Public Safety Training Center. Materials may be checked out in person at the Training Center.
Monterey County Fire Library – Member Agencies, 2013:
- Big Sur Volunteer Fire Brigade
- Cachagua Fire Protection District
- Marina Fire Department
- Monterey County Regional Fire District ( Carmel Valley )
- Monterey Fire Department ( Pacific Grove, Carmel-by-the-Sea )
- North County Fire Protection District
- Seaside Fire Department